Re: [code][textadept] Segfault with

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 21:20:54 +0200

Hi Mitchell,

Am 10/05/18 um 16:49 schrieb Mitchell:

>>> So your buffer only contains "ß", but when you search for 'ss', it
>>> finds "ß" and highlights it. Then, when you do a regex search and
>>> click "find next", you get the crash?
>>
>> yes, that's what I get -- can you reproduce that on Linux, or ist a Mac
>> problem?
>
> I can reproduce everything but the crash. Instead I get "No results found" for a regex search.

with the crash fixed now, regarding the searching:

"Some caseless matches may match one character against two: for example,
U+00DF "ß" matches the two characters "SS". And case matching may vary
by locale. However, because many implementations are not set up to
handle this, at Level 1 only simple case matches are necessary. To
correctly implement a caseless match, see Chapter 3, Conformance of
[Unicode]. The data file supporting caseless matching is [CaseData]."

(http://unicode.org/reports/tr18/)

When I select `match case`, the search works as expected -- letting me
search for either "dass" or "daß".