[code] [textadept] Regex-functionality

From: johannes <jodak932.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 11:17:48 +0200

Hello Mitchell,

some weeks ago I searched for a new texteditor and finally discovered
Textadept. Mainly because of the wide configuration possibilities and
the clear api-documentation. So thank you for your great work.

My configuration efforts ended up in writing additional functions which
I want to pack together in an open source module. The module will
include a "goto_keyline" and "goto_related_keyline" functionality which
should be based on regex pattern-matching. These functions should be
working similar like goto-symbol and goto definition. Therefore I wrote
a function in the style of yours "find_in_files"-function. With this
function the performance of finding matches seems good. Anyway, to do
the proper matching, I'm missing some standard regex-functionality:
     -   The operator for alternatives doesn't work, i.e. (foo|bar)
doesn't match foo
     -   the search token \n doesn't detect newlines
     -   Whitespace \s* doesn't include newlines (\n)

Also I found a bug in find_in_files search:
-   If a find-results starts at line beginning, the result get's wrong
selected when cycling through the results

I'm currently using Textadept 10.0 alpha3 on Linux-Mint.

Cheers,
Johannes