[code] Re: [textadept] Regex-functionality

From: johannes <jodak932.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 17:07:14 +0200

/> Hello Mitchell, /
/> /
/> some weeks ago I searched for a new texteditor and finally discovered /
/> Textadept. Mainly because of the wide configuration possibilities and
the /
/> clear api-documentation. So thank you for your great work. /
/> /
/> My configuration efforts ended up in writing additional functions
which I /
/> want to pack together in an open source module. The module will
include a /
/> "goto_keyline" and "goto_related_keyline" functionality which should
be based /
/> on regex pattern-matching. These functions should be working similar
like /
/> goto-symbol and goto definition. Therefore I wrote a function in the
style of /
/> yours "find_in_files"-function. With this function the performance of
finding /
/> matches seems good. Anyway, to do the proper matching, I'm missing some /
/> standard regex-functionality: /
/>     -   The operator for alternatives doesn't work, i.e. (foo|bar)
doesn't /
/> match foo /

This works for me when I use the Find & Replace pane with the "Regex"
and "In Files" options selected. Can you be more specific?

/>     -   the search token \n doesn't detect newlines /
/>     -   Whitespace \s* doesn't include newlines (\n) /

Yes, it looks like multi-line regex searching does not work. Thanks for
the report.

/> /
/> Also I found a bug in find_in_files search: /
/> -   If a find-results starts at line beginning, the result get's wrong /
/> selected when cycling through the results /

Thanks for the report. I will look into this.

Hello Mitchell,

I tried the | Operator with NIGHTLY_2018-05-19.x86_64, and there it
worked also for me. So it was fixed somewhere in between this build and
Alpha 3.

Cheers,
Johannes