Re: [code] [textadept] what is fold_display_text_style?

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 08:48:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Oliver,

On Sat, 26 May 2018, Oliver Jan Krylow wrote:

> Hi!
>
> While testing Textadept 10.0 beta (Ubuntu 16.04)
> `buffer.fold_display_text_style` some questions came up.
>
> The values do not show up in documentation popup (ch):
>
> buffer.FOLDDISPLAYTEXT_HIDDEN Fold display text is not shown.
> buffer.FOLDDISPLAYTEXT_STANDARD Fold display text is shown with no
> decoration.
> buffer.FOLDDISPLAYTEXT_BOXED Fold display text is shown outlined with a
> box.
>

> They can be used normally however.

This is intentional. The values are unimportant, as the constants are meant to be used directly.

> I expected that, when setting `fold_display_text_style` to
> `buffer.FOLDDISPLAYTEXT_BOXED` and then toggling some fold point via
> `buffer:toggle_fold_show_text(39, "something")`, that something would happen
> in the buffer.
>
> No visual change though.
> So evidently I do not understand what this setting is about.
> What is it useful for?

Did you use a 0-based line number? When I run your code on a fold header, I get "something" shown in a box at the end of the folded line.

> -- Oliver
>

> Btw, is there a way to search the whole mailing list archive? I wanted to
> research this issue before posting, but searching through the periods one by
> one is too much.

I use a search engine restricted to a site. For example, with Google you can search for something and then append "site:foicica.com". Sorry you wasted some time manually clicking through the archives :(