Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 10.0

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 12:43:32 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Randy,

On Thu, 2 Aug 2018, rhkramer.att.gmail.com wrote:

> On Thursday, August 02, 2018 10:54:54 AM Mitchell wrote:
>> On Thu, 2 Aug 2018, Keresztes Barna wrote:
>>> For me its killer feature is that I can use the same editor in CLI
>>> (curses) or GUI mode. I think this is the best (if not the only) modern
>>> CLI text editor (in contrast to the legacy editors like vim/emacs)
>>
>> I agree that being able to easily switch between the terminal and GUI
>> versions is extremely useful. I do it all the time.
>
> Hmm, I've been considering starting to use Textadept, and, today, I actually
> went looking for a Debian package or a binary to install, but reading some of
> documentation (which may be out-of-date stuff) I got the idea that it couldn't
> be used in GUI mode (or, more specifically, with a mouse).
>
> In GUI mode, can I use a mouse?

Yes, of course. It's just a GTK application. What documentation did you see that looked out of date? The binaries I provide should run on your Linux machine from wherever you extract the files to -- no installation required.

> Aside: I understand (or think I understand) that all (or at least most)
> actions can be invoked with keyboard shortcuts, which is a nice feature, but I
> also like to "mouse around".

Yes, pretty much every command available has a key shortcut, but it's just for convenience. You can still use the mouse extensively.