Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 10.0

From: <rhkramer.att.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 16:19:22 -0400

On Thursday, August 02, 2018 12:43:32 PM Mitchell wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Aug 2018, rhkramer.att.gmail.com wrote:
> > In GUI mode, can I use a mouse?
>
> Yes, of course. It's just a GTK application. What documentation did you see
> that looked out of date?

Well, iirc, this (below) is what I saw, but maybe I read too much into it.

The reason I thought it might be out-of-date was that I read the following to
say that it could only be keyboard driven yet this thread seemed to indicate
it was also a GUI that could be mouse driven. Maybe I read too much into it
(and maybe I didn't thoroughly read or understand the entire page) -- I guess
I should have inferred that it could be mouse driven by seeing that it is a
GTK application.

<quoting from [[https://foicica.com/textadept/][Textadept: A fast, minimalist,
and remarkably extensible cross-platform text editor]]>

Keyboard Driven
Textadept is entirely keyboard driven. The editor defines key bindings for
nearly every action. You can easily reassign existing bindings or create new
ones. Keys may be chained together or grouped into language-specific keys or
key modes.
</quote>

> The binaries I provide should run on your Linux
> machine from wherever you extract the files to -- no installation
> required.
>
> > Aside: I understand (or think I understand) that all (or at least most)
> > actions can be invoked with keyboard shortcuts, which is a nice feature,
> > but I also like to "mouse around".
>
> Yes, pretty much every command available has a key shortcut, but it's just
> for convenience. You can still use the mouse extensively.

Ok, thanks!