Re: [code] [Textadept] Strange color change of fold margin

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2018 16:11:50 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018, Lars wrote:

> Hi Mitch and folks,
>
> I have two more questions:
>
> In the lexer context.lua line 38 is the following code:
> lex:add_fold_point(lexer.OPERATOR, '{', '}')
> What use does it have? When I comment it, then I can still fold brackets
> (braces too): see A in the attached figure.

That line supplies folding of '{' and '}', as you'd expect. When you comment out that line in your lexer file, are you restarting Textadept? Are you sure you're modifying the correct file? Remember that any lexers in *~/.textadept/lexers/* override Textadept's default lexers.

> I also noticed some strange color change after resetting Lua. It can be seen
> in B in the attached figure.
> In short: when I start Textadept, then the fold margin is dark. When I reset
> Lua with Robert's code
> keys['f9'] = function()
>   io.save_file()
>   reset()
> end
>
> Then the fold margin switches to the colors which I defined in the skin file:
> buffer:set_fold_margin_colour(true, property_int['color.light_white'])
> buffer:set_fold_margin_hi_colour(true, property_int['color.lavender'])
>
> Most base16 and TA skins have the same colors for both, they also mostly have
> the same colors as the line numer margin, that's why I didn't notice it so
> far.
>
> Any ideas why this happens? I could also send you my skin.lua.

No, I am not able to trigger this on my end. You'd have to send your file to me. It's also worth making sure that your *~/.textadept/init.lua* file is not making any additional settings.