Re: [code] [Textadept] Strange color change of fold margin

From: Lars <axteffekt.att.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 21:33:56 +0200

Hi Mitch,

Am 12/08/2018 um 22:11 schrieb Mitchell:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2018, Lars wrote:
>
>> Hi Mitch and folks,
>>
>> I have two more questions:
>>
>> In the lexer context.lua line 38 is the following code:
>> lex:add_fold_point(lexer.OPERATOR, '{', '}')
>> What use does it have? When I comment it, then I can still fold brackets
>> (braces too): see A in the attached figure.
>
> That line supplies folding of '{' and '}', as you'd expect. When you
> comment out that line in your lexer file, are you restarting
> Textadept? Are you sure you're modifying the correct file? Remember
> that any lexers in *~/.textadept/lexers/* override Textadept's default
> lexers.

I can't help it, but it seems to me that the line is unnecessary really.
I did a fresh and clean installation of TA. Then I renamed the lexer
file context.lua in Textadept/lexers to context.lua.bak, after I copied
it to ~/lexers. There I commented line 69
lex:add_fold_point(lexer.OPERATOR, '{', '}').

After restarting TA and loading a ConTeXt file (status bar verifies
context lexer) brackets are still foldable. Even braces, which aren't
defined in the context.lua lexer anyway. It just seems to me that
brackets, same as braces, fold globally, which if true would make line
69 in lexer context.lua redundant. Just wanted to let you know, as I
know that you like to keep TA minimal.

Please feel welcome to try for yourself with a MWE, after commenting the
line mentioned above:

\setupme[
   content
]