[code] v strange find/replace behaviour

From: Thomas Lauer <thomas.lauer.att.virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 13:26:43 +0100

I am pretty new to TA and so far things have been looking good. However,
I've just run into something that's utterly puzzling. This happens with
a fresh install of TA x86_64 (ie no changes in the textadept directory)
on a Debian-based system.

I have a few largish files with filenames for music titles (m3u8). The
names all look like this:

/dir/dir2/Music/MusicM4A/Artist/Album/Title.m4a or
/dir/dir2/Music/MusicMP3/Artist/Album/Title.mp3

ie they all start with either /dir/dir2/Music/MusicM4A/ or
/dir/dir2/Music/MusicMP3/.

I load one of those files with say 500 titles (ie 500 lines). I go to
the first line and select the part "/dir/dir2/Music/MusicM4A/" with the
mouse and copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl-C). I press Ctrl-F, enter the
copied string into the Find field (Ctrl-V)and press Find Next
repeatedly. This does absolutely nothing.

However, if I clear the Find field and enter the *exact same string*
manually, ie character for character, Find Next works. It also
sometimes, not always, works if I remove the first / character after
copying from the clipboard.

This is so strange that I'm inclined to think it's a problem with my
installation.

Can anyone reproduce that and if so, any ideas as to what might be the
problem?

Cheers Tom