Re: [code] [textadept] FR: Code Explorer

From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. <LPr.att.pontex.cz>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2018 08:33:43 +0200

Hello

to be more precise - would it be possible to provide a "independent" window on the left/right side of the main window whose content and click-in-the-text events would be configurable (by Lua)?

- A very simple outline of my idea is attached.

- The window "Code Explorer" shloud be "independent", IOW, user would not get into it switching Ctrl+Tab.

- The window should work like "Class Explorer", "Solution Explorer", "Resource Explorer" or similar, which is provided by various IDEs.

- Use of "Buffer" widow doesn't seem to be so useful as "Code Explorer" is always visible and user doesn't need to switch between Acive window to "Buffer".

- I guess this feature would be great as it would bring TA near to IDE.

- Configurable Code Explorer would be great, e.g. for TeXt/ConTeXt source a modue would parse the source file (window), extract all \section, \subsection and other statements and show just them in the Code Explorer window. Similarly it would parse the Lua source and pass all "function foo(...)" statements into the Code Explorer so one can see immediately all function defs in the source file, and so on.

I'm not sure the Code Explorer could be programmed in the current TA using just a Lua extension/module;
maybe it would require some C/gtk programming...

Any reaction would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Lukas

--
Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr.att.pontex.cz
Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex@pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz | IDDS:nrpt3sn