Re: [code] Textadept copying bytes causes crash

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2018 21:01:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Colin,

On Wed, 5 Sep 2018, Colin wrote:

> I am using Windows. I am able to copy arbitrary bytes from my test file opened in SciTE and paste them into Textadept, but coping the same bytes from Textadept causes a crash.

For some reason, it seems like `buffer.code_page` is not equal to 0 when it should be. Does Textadept show an encoding at the bottom right of your status bar? Or does it just show your indentation settings?

Try setting `buffer.code_page = 0` in your `events.FILE_OPENED` handler or wherever you are setting your buffer character representations.