Re: [code] [textadept]

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 20:31:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Colin,

On Tue, 4 Sep 2018, Colin wrote:

> OK thanks.
>
> I also connected the representation change to the BUFFER_AFTER_SWITCH to maintain the representations after switching buffers.

I'm glad you thought to do this. Textadept stores and restores some buffer state when switching between buffers that would normally be lost, like selections, caret position, scroll position, and folded lines. Character representations are not stored or restored, so that is why you had to do this yourself. I don't see the need to add this to core Textadept since it would be seldom used and querying for character representations over character ranges would be too costly. Regardless, the lack of automatically restoring `buffer.representation` settings is not a bug.