Re: [textadept] [code] Building tatoolbar under Windows

From: Gabriel Dubatti <gdubatti.att.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2018 16:58:21 -0300

Hi Lukas,

El 07/09/2018 a las 16:40, Proch√°zka Luk√°Ň° Ing. escribi√≥:
> Hello,
>
> when trying to extend TA to provide a symbol browser for ConTeXt
> source files, it seem to me that tatoolbar [1] would be most proper,
> as has been suggested by Gabriel previously.
>
> I downloaded and installed GnuWin32 utils pack which provides commands
> like "cut", "tr" and "make".
> I downloaded MinGW and installed to provide C/C++ compiler, referred
> from "makefile".
> I set PATH to point to GnuWin32 utils bin dir and also to MinGW bin dir.
>
> I overcome the initial problem with "tr": I had to replace
>     version = $(shell grep -m 1 _RELEASE ../core/init.lua | cut -d ' '
> -f4- | tr ' ' '_' | tr -d '"')
> by
>     version = $(shell grep -m 1 _RELEASE ../core/init.lua | cut -d" "
> -f4- | tr -d """)
> in the "makefile".
>
> Now, I'm getting:
>     make: *** No rule to make target `scintilla/src/AutoComplete.cxx',
> needed by `AutoComplete.o'. Stop.
>
> So - any idea how to continue?
>
> (I'm aware of "Compiling Textadept on Windows is no longer supported."
> stated in [2].)
>
> I'd like to avoid installing Linux (e.g. on VirtualBox) as I'm
> familiar in programming under Windows (I mean: Win commands, MSVS IDE,
> text editors under Windows, ...) so any way to compile tatoolbar under
> WinX would be less "painful" for me, I guess.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Lukas
>
>     [1] https://github.com/gabdub/ta-tweaks/wiki/tatoolbar
>     [2] https://foicica.com/textadept/manual.html#Compiling

I always compile TA on Windows using a VM with Ubuntu, I can't help you
with that, but if you want, I can send you a private mail with TA10 +
tatoolbar already compiled for win32.

Just email me directly and I'll send you the exe file.

Cheers,

Gabriel