Re: [code] Textadept copying bytes causes crash

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 19:27:47 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Colin,

On Thu, 6 Sep 2018, Colin wrote:

> It looks like buffer.code_page is 0. I don't see an encoding in the lower right. I set buffer.code_page = 0 in my events.FILE_OPENED handler, but I the issue is still present.

Based on my digging I think that GTK is the culprit (specifically, the old 2.24.10 version bundled with the Windows version of Textadept). In general, GTK likes to convert everything to UTF-8, and it just could not handle some badly encoded chunks of text. The next nightly build of Textadept for Windows will use the latest version of GTK (2.24.32), and in my testing I'm not seeing a crash anymore.