[code] [Textadept]

From: Misel Alexander <alexander_misel.att.live.cn>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 00:23:15 +0000

I am using Win7 x64 to run Textadept.

I started to use Textadept recently and found it a great text editor! So I immediately went to translate the interface into Chinese. See attached file.

Problems I faced:

  1. As os.getenv('LANG') gets nil, the program cannot automatically decide which language to show. But this could work when I manually set a system variable LANG = zh_CN.UTF8
  2. When I swtich the language to zh (Chinese) or ja (Japanese), I cannot get focused in search panel. But this works when the language is set English. Very strange. So I did another hack to set LANG wp_CN.UTF8 and the language file became locale.wp.conf
  3. Chinese characters became boxes as our default monospace font (for example, Courier New) doesn't support the CJK characters. Other text editors seem fine, since they will look for the system fallback font for Chinese characters.k
  4. I managed to highlight all the TODOs as well as FIXMEs. But I didn't manage to add any lexer rules. Should I do so? I added a handler to LEXER_LOADED and colored al TODOs. But newly typed TODOs won't be colored. Is there a way to color new texts like code highlight?
  5. File browser is a very useful plugin but when I closed and reopened Textadept, it couldn't load correctly. I hope this can be fixed.

I'll also share my init.lua in attached files. I'm looking for an option that will fold all fold-points or blocks that are longer than 100 lines.