[code] Re: Welcome to code@foicica.com [textadept]

From: <vparasch.att.uvic.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 10:21:56 -0700

Hi there,

thank you Mitchell and all who helped him to make Textadept!

I'm studying the documentation now - it's so detailed, that it helps me
better understand general concepts that are not only about Textadept. So
thanks for this too!

I may post suggestions for further improving Textadept, if you like.
Sometimes with something new, other times to make it more consistent (with
documentation, and logical sense) -- I tend to be perfectionist at times.

The rest of the post describes why I was attracted to Textadept:

...Because I want to extend and customize the editor to my needs.
I've been using Geany so far -- a good product, but for every new feature
I wanted, I had to beg with a feature request and wait and pray till
someone will implement it. Because I don't know well and don't like C/C++,
and all that cross-platform developing hassle involved to make a pull
request.

I did research for an alternative editor, and Textadept, with Lua, - is
the best I could find in this respect, plus beeing fast and portable.

And because of this, I'm planning to learn Lua too, and use it as a
general language for my future hobby programming projects.

Wish me good luck :)
Vic

On Thu, September 20, 2018 9:45 am, code+help.att.foicica.com wrote:
> Welcome! You have been subscribed to the
>
> code.att.foicica.com
>
> mailinglist.
>
> Feel free to discuss any software available on foicica.com, but please
indicate which project you are referring to in the subject line of your
messages. (For example, [textadept].)