Re: [code] [textadept] New Language Server Protocol client module

From: Chris Emerson <c-ta.att.mail.nosreme.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 23:44:56 +0100

On Mon, Oct 01, 2018 at 04:47:32PM -0400, Mitchell wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Sep 2018, Chris Emerson wrote:
> >1. The 'initialized' message seems to need an empty object rather than
> >nothing. Otherwise the RLS returns an error.
>
> Okay, thanks. I'll apply that.

Thanks!

> >2. The lines come back with \r\n line endings, and the lines end up with
> >'\r' at the end and don't match the "Content-Length" pattern, plus
> >`#line > 0` is always true.
>
> I probably forgot to mention that a nightly build was needed because the
> lspawn module was not correctly handling '\r\n' line endings correctly when
> reading by line. This has been fixed in Textadept 10.1. Sorry about that.

Hmm, I don't see any difference here - I'm still getting ^M in the strings
read back, so it's getting stuck in the loop looking for the Content-Length
line. I've downloaded the 10.1 release (and modules), and _RELEASE returns
"Textadept 10.1", so I think I've got the right build.

Oh, wait - I'm using the Curses version, and if the fix is:
  https://foicica.com/hg/lspawn/rev/8064e629d12b
then it looks like it's inside an #ifdef GTK.

Thanks,

Chris