Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 10.1

From: Gabriel Dubatti <gdubatti.att.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2018 12:10:41 -0300

Hi Mitchell,

El 03/10/2018 a las 10:58, Mitchell escribió:
> Hi Gabriel,
>
> On Wed, 3 Oct 2018, Gabriel Dubatti wrote:
>
>> Hi Mitchell,
>>
>> El 01/10/2018 a las 10:52, Mitchell escribió:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Textadept 10.1 is released from https://foicica.com/textadept
>>>
>>> Bugfixes:
>>>
>>> * Fixed view focus synchronization issues when dropping files into
>>> split
>>> views.
>>> * Fixed potential crash with non-UTF-8 bytes copy-pasted into non-UTF-8
>>> buffer.
>>> * `spawn_proc:read()` correctly handles `\r\n` sequences.
>>>
>>> Changes:
>>>
>>> * Added ability to save/restore persistent data during a reset event
>>> via
>>>   `events.RESET_BEFORE` and `events.RESET_AFTER`.
>>> * Replaced `ui.find.find_in_files_filter` with
>>>   `ui.find.find_in_files_filters` table for project-specific filters.
>>> * Added Chinese localization.
>>> * Updated to GTK 2.24.32 on Windows, which fixes a number of various
>>> GTK-related
>>>   issues.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Mitchell
>>
>> TA10.1 in working fine for me in Linux but in Windows 7 64 bits it
>> does not
>> read the shift key (tested with an empty .textadept folder with the
>> .EXE from
>> the zip and recompiling the code).
>>
>> For example: pressing Ctrl+Shift+E is the same as pressing Ctrl+E
>> ("Command
>> Entry" is run instead of "Select Command").
>>
>> I compiled the nightly some days ago when you moved to GTK 2.24.32
>> and got
>> some issues but didn't have the time to check it and return to 10.0.
>>
>> Seems like in this version of GTK the keyboard is not working fine,
>> at least
>> for me, or some functions have changed.
>>
>> Anyone else with the same issue?
>
> I cannot verify in Win7 right now, but the Shift key works in Win10
> 64-bit.

I removed "caps_lock" from the if() to force to correct the case with or
without caps-lock pressed and seems to be working fine now.

local function keypress(code, shift, control, alt, meta, caps_lock)
   --print(code, M.KEYSYMS[code], shift, control, alt, meta, caps_lock)
   if (shift or control or alt or meta) and code < 256 then
     code = string[shift and 'upper' or 'lower'](string.char(code)):byte()
   end

I'll start using this version and see if something else breaks.

Cheers,

Gabriel