Re: [code] Crash when opening a file with Chinese path in Windows

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 13:39:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Alexander,

On Sat, 6 Oct 2018, Alexander Misel wrote:

> If textadept is not open, then open a file with a Chinese path, it would be fine. But if textadept is open, drag and drop that file to textadept won't work. And double clicking the file to open will call segmentation fault for textadept.
>
> The situation only occurs in Windows. I want to know the reason of bug and whether it could be fixed.

Thanks for the report. My guess is that Textadept's single-instance functionality on Windows cannot handle multi-byte characters. I do not know exactly how Windows handles Chinese characters in filenames though. Here is the relevant code where I think the problem lies[1]. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.