Re: [code] Improved File Browser

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 11:53:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Alexander,

On Fri, 12 Oct 2018, Alexander Misel wrote:

> It works but the operation gives a flash of the new buffer then switch back. I hope this could be done internally or just before the view that a buffer will use is chosen.

You would have to modify textadept.c's `lview_goto_buffer()` function to check the return value of the `lL_event(L, "buffer_before_switch", -1)` call and if the return value is true, `return` in order to prevent the switch from occuring. I am not sure what any downstream side effects would be. Textadept wasn't designed to "lock" views to buffers or vice-versa.