Re: [code] [textadept] Experimental os.spawn

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 08:25:21 +0200

Hi Mitchell,

Am 16/10/18 um 04:32 schrieb Mitchell:
> Will someone who has a Mac please perform an experiment for me? Create the following shell script, *foo.sh*, somewhere:
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10; do
> echo $i
> sleep 1
> done
>
> Then make *foo.sh* executable by running `chmod +x foo.sh`.
>
> Now fetch the latest Textadept nightly build for 15 October (very important, and available after 16 October 03:30 UTC), open the command entry (Cmd+E), and run the following:
>
> os.spawn('/path/to/foo.sh', print)
>
> where `/path/to/foo.sh` is the real path to that file (e.g. /tmp/foo.sh).
>
> Would you please verify that (1) Textadept does not crash, and (2) that every second a number is printed to the message buffer?

On OSX 10.11, I get a message window with an extra empty line between
the numbers. By clicking I can switch views but not edit anything
anymore. It appears as if two message views have been created. I can
also close views or buffers but not focus them anymore.

If I just the `run` command on foo.sh the display looks fine (no extra
line, no doubled split view) but otherwise the same freezing, no cursor
movement or setting possible.