Re: [code] [textadept] Sometimes Crash on textadept.run.close()

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 09:32:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Johannes,

On Wed, 17 Oct 2018, johannes wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> have noticed that you're currently working on os.spawn. Maybe the following
> bug I encountered is somehow related to this, since os.spawn is also about
> processes:
>
> In my module 'textadept-dev-tools' (on github) I've created customized run-,
> compile- and build-commands. (see file 'tools_project.lua', Line 98, 106,
> 114). Recently I've added the lines 'textadept.run.stop()' to these
> functions. Since then there are sometimes crashes of textadept (totally
> closes) when calling these functions. I've used them long enough before
> without calling textadept.run.stop(), thereby weren't any crashes. But then
> there was allways a new process added (haven't noticed this until my RAM was
> full).
>
> I got into this issue with textadept_10.1.x86_64 on Linux.

If you have gdb installed (the GNU debugger), I would recommend downloading a nightly build, which has debug symbols built-in, opening a terminal and running `gdb textadept`, followed by `r`. Textadept will run normally and try hard to induce a crash. When you do, type `bt` in the terminal and report the backtrace to me.