[code] [textadept] Poll on Textadept 10's default "paste reindent"

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 14:47:15 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Textadept 10 introduced a "paste reindent" feature that is enabled by default. Anytime you paste in a block of code, Textadept attempts to reindent it to fit the context you are pasting it into. Many editors have such a feature (albeit bound to Ctrl+Shift+V or something separate from Ctrl+V/paste), but after a few months, I'm not certain if it should be built into core Textadept. I'm wondering if perhaps it should just be an extra module on the wiki. It's 53 lines of Lua code that perhaps could be better spent elsewhere.

Does anyone feel particularly strongly one way or another about this feature? Do you find yourself wanting a distinct "paste" and "paste reindent"? Do you find it welcome and quite useful? Any feedback is welcome and appreciated.