Re: [code] [textadept] New Language Server Protocol client module

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 10:59:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Chris,

On Sun, 14 Oct 2018, Chris Emerson wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 11:26:12PM +0100, Chris Emerson wrote:
>> I've made a few changes locally to the lsp module (sending RLS configuration,
>> sending didSave notifications, tweaking diagnostics); I'll try to untangle
>> the generally useful changes from my personal tweaks and send the useful ones
>> in case you want to include them.
>
> I've attached my current diff to your LSP module. This works for me on Linux
> with the RLS - at least for diagnostics (I haven't yet looked into other
> actions as it means thinking of key bindings. :-) ) I'm sure you won't want
> all of them but I've included them for completeness!
>
> The changes are:
> * Bug fix: I still need to remove the "+ 1" in the call to handle:stdout.

Committed[1]

> * I added a `notif_handlers` table for registering user handlers for notifications.
> I use this to handle "window/progress" messages from RLS.

Committed[2] as a new `events.LSP_NOTIFICATION` event.

> * I send a "workspace/didChangeConfiguration" notification just after
> initialization so that I can configure the RLS; it's hard coded so it should
> probably really come from M.settings.

Committed[3] as a new `events.LSP_INITIALIZED` event.

> * I added a "didSave" notification; I have RLS configured to run a build when
> saving.

Committed[4].

> * I removed the check which disables diagnostics near the cursor, since I want
> them to show. I would guess you don't want that change. :-)

Committed[5] as a new `_M.lsp.show_all_diagnostics` option.

Thanks for your contribution!

[1]: https://foicica.com/hg/.textadept/rev/942f478d41a9
[2]: https://foicica.com/hg/.textadept/rev/bd583690cb11
[3]: https://foicica.com/hg/.textadept/rev/6ff8e81b856a