Re: [code] [textadept] New Language Server Protocol client module

From: Chris Emerson <c-ta.att.mail.nosreme.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 10:16:24 +0100

Hi Mitchell,

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 10:59:46AM -0400, Mitchell wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Oct 2018, Chris Emerson wrote:
> >The changes are:
[...]
> Committed[1]
[...]
> Committed[2] as a new `events.LSP_NOTIFICATION` event.
[...]
> Committed[3] as a new `events.LSP_INITIALIZED` event.
[...]
> Committed[4].
[...]
> Committed[5] as a new `_M.lsp.show_all_diagnostics` option.
[...]
> Thanks for your contribution!

Awesome, thanks! I'll merge your changes in when I get a chance and
probably come back with some more. A quick skim shows I have more
changes:

* exposed the servers table so that I can call the :request method
elsewhere for custom calls (e.g. codeAction). Maybe a get_server() which
returns any server for the current buffer would be cleaner.
* Returned both result, message from Server:read (sort of a hack; from
workspace/ExecuteCommand to RLS there's a reply with no actual "result" field
but instead some other fields I needed)
* Export tofilename and tobufferrange
* Return "true" from goto_definition (and the callers) so that the caller
can fall back to ctags if that doesn't work.
* find_references has some typos (get_buffer_position_params missing the (),
location->locations).

Also, I've monkeypatched the file type table to change the ansi_c types to
cpp, or else I think you get two language servers for mixed C/C++ projects
(and plain C projects, since headers are cpp).

Thanks,

Chris