Re: [code] Textadept: BUFFER_AFTER_SWITCH vs FILE_OPENED

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 08:45:50 -0500 (EST)

Hi Phil,

On Sun, 4 Nov 2018, Phil S. wrote:

> Thanks Mitchell, that's a good suggestion, have done so and there's no
> noticable flickering as I feared, so that's cool.
>

> I noticed the BUFFER_AFTER_SWITCH event isn't being triggered when a
> (different than current-buf) file is opened which does tend to switch to its
> new buffer. Can I assume this will stay that way (and script accordingly with
> handlers for both when the former is to be caught) or is there a risk of that
> changing so that whatever causes a buffer-switch will trigger the
> buffer-switch events? (Well I guess I'd see it in the release notes anyway..
> =)

It's been that way for as long as I remember, so I do not see it changing. The primary for `events.BUFFER_AFTER_SWITCH` is to restore a previous buffer's state like selection, folded lines, etc. When a new buffer is opened and switched to, it doesn't have any state to restore, so `events.FILE_OPENED` is sufficient.