Re: [code] Can't use input method in Mac

From: David Reimer <djreimer.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 14:39:53 +0000

> On Fri, 2 Nov 2018, bai bai wrote:
>
> > I find a problem about Mac version Textadept, it can’t use input method at
> > all. In windows, there is no such problem.
> >
> > I think this is a gtk issue, in other gtk based application such as notecase,
> > I can select input method(the gtk default is None)
> > .![](cid:CC009907-6E00-45E7-88C8-E58F84F5122F.att.fastmail.com "PastedImage.png")
> >
> > Can you add the same feature in the future Mac building?
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. I will need to learn more about input methods in order to give you a proper response.

Just to add: I just tried on my MacBook (10.10.5, Yosemite, "Early
2015"), with Textadept 10.1, and I had no difficulty switching the
input method between Hebrew, Greek Polytonic, and Russian, and back to
British (English/PC). I got the correct keyboard and glyphs, exactly
as expected.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the issue OP is raising? I select the
input method from the "keyboard toggle switcher" (whatever it's
called!) on the top system menubar. (Image attached.)

So it would be good to know which versions of OSX and TA that bai bai is using.

FWIW!

David