Re: [code] Re: Textadept: often no buffer.UPDATE_CONTENT firing on certain modifications:

From: Phil S. <accountz.att.mailbox.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 14:58:55 +0100

Good hints, thanks! stdout to the rescue. Just noticed in my
troubleshooting:

Although UPDATE_SELECTION is 2 and UPDATE_CONTENT is 1 (the scrolls are
4 and 8) --- typing in Enter or Backspace at my end only gives a
(non-documented AFAICT) value of 3. Same for Undo ops of such edits.

I can work with that! But wondering about the reasons --- would be neat
if UPDATE_CONTENT could reliably trigger whenever *any* buffer
modification has incurred --- whether manual or programmatic, whether
via paste or undo or redo or typing or other ops. (Could imagine the 3
is some accidentally slipped-in-earlier bug perhaps and didn't used to
be this way?)

(SCN_MODIFIED seems indeed overkill looking at all the events it can
fire for.)