Re: [code] Textadept suggestion: tweak GTK's vertical text alignment for filteredlist-dialogs' items

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 12:42:02 -0500 (EST)

Hi Phil,

On Sun, 11 Nov 2018, Phil S. wrote:

> I have no clue how trivial or tricky this might be, or whether it would go
> against your own design ideas perhaps, but just throwing it out there:
>
> having list-items' texts vertically "top"-aligned would be imho usually
> preferable rather than vertically-centered as showcased below:
>

> https://imgur.com/a/MCfAxZt
>

> What ya think? =)

After looking at the GTK documentation, I'm not sure this is possible. If you want to give it a try, gtdialog.c around line 981 is where treeview columns are created and added to the treeview. You'd have to somehow set the vertical alignment of the column. (I don't know or see how one might do that though.)