[code] [textadept] Odd stuff happening with escape sequences in API documentation files

From: Gabriel Bertilson <arboreous.philologist.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 20:07:57 -0600

Some escape sequences in the documentation for the Lua C API and Lua
libraries are not correctly rendered in Textadept's API documentation.

For instance, in the examples in the documentation for
`string.format`, `\n` in an example displays as a newline and
backslash-newline-spaces is transformed into `\n`- spaces. Similarly,
in the documentation for `lua_getinfo`, `\n` in the example is
displayed as a newline. Oddly, `\n` is treated correctly in the
documentation for `lua_next`. I think there was a similar case in the
documentation for the C standard libraries but I can't remember where.

I guess whatever script generates the documentation is not correctly
escaping things when generating one-line documentation for each
symbol, but I can't figure out any rhyme or reason to it.

— Gabriel