Re: [code] [textadept] Issue with BPO keyboard layout on Win32

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 18:01:45 -0500 (EST)

Hi Julien,

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019, Julien L. wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I use the BÉPO keyboard layout[1], which can be seen as a Dvorak for
> French language. I also use the binary version 10.2 of Textadept for MS
> Windows 7.
>
> Strangely, for some keys/characters (especially the comma), when I type
> the key, nothing appears in Textadept and I have to type again the same
> key or another key to actually get the character.
>
> I have never experienced this issue on Windows for other applications
> (including Notepad++).
>
> On Linux, I also use Textadept with the BÉPO layout and I have no issue.
>
> What could be the reason of this strange behaviour? How can I
> investigate it?

You can add an event to inspect key presses in your *~/.textadept/init.lua*:

   events.connect(events.KEYPRESS, function(...) ui.print(...) end, 1)

It will ruin your ability to use Textadept until you remove that code, but at least you'll be able to see what key code is being emitted. Please let me know what codes you are seeing. I hope it's not some sort of WIN32 GTK issue.