Re: [code] [textadept] Issue with BÉPO keyboard layout on Win32

From: Michal Kottman <k0mpjut0r.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 10:06:14 +0100

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019, 5:47 PM Julien L. <julienl81.att.hotmail.com> wrote:

> I added the event and I get this after pressing twice the comma key with
> the BÉPO layout:
> 44 false false false false false
> 44 false false false false false
> ,
>
> If I switch to the QWERTY layout, I get this after pressing twice the
> comma key :
> 44 false false false false false
> ,44 false false false false false
> ,
>
> So, in both cases, the parameters received of the event are the same but,
> in the case of the BÉPO layout, only one character is displayed.

Is the comma by any chance a "dead key" (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_key) in the BÉPO layout? Something
similar happens with the "US International" layout and the aposthophe key -
you need to press it twice to type it, otherwise it waits for a next
character, to e.g. allow it to enter "á" - this is done by typing >'<
followed by >a<.

Dead keys are a feature of the input layout, not a bug/feature of Textadept.