RE: [code] [textadept] Issue with BÉPO keyboard layout on Win32

From: Julien L. <julienl81.att.hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 11:12:53 +0000

Hello Mitchell,

Le 08/03/19 à 06:46, Mitchell a écrit :
> It is unfortunate that it's a GTK issue. Thank you for taking the time
> to identify it though. I wonder if you could work around this by
> trying to put the following in your *~/.textadept/init.lua*:
>
> events.connect(events.KEYPRESS, function(code, shift, control, alt,
> meta)
> if code == string.char(',') and not shift and not control and not
> alt and not meta then
> buffer:add_text(',')
> return true -- do not propagate this key further
> end
> end)
The workaround seems to work fine! Thank you very much for it!
Though it provoked an error. I had to replace “code == string.char(',')”
by “code == string.byte(',')” (unless you wanted to write
“string.char(code) == ','”).

> If this works, I can help you come up with a more robust handler for
> this key. Hopefully it's the only one and you wouldn't have to add a
> similar handler for more keys.
The issue also occurs for the slash key ('/'). I think that I will be
able to adapt the workaround for this key as well.

I posted a message to the creators of the BÉPO layout in order to
understand what special these two keys are.

What do you mean by “a more robust handler”?

Thank you.
Best regards,

--
Julien L.