Re: [code] Crash when opening a file with Chinese path in Windows

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 17:41:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Alexander,

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019, Alexander Misel wrote:

> Sorry for the late reply. I followed your steps and printed the stack trace
>
> [snip]

Thank you for sending me the backtrace.

I don't know why luaopen_lfs() is mentioned in the backtrace; I cannot see how initializing the lfs library would ultimately wind up calling into libgtk-win32.dll. I do not know what exactly is causing this error.

I'm going to venture a guess that it's either a GTK error related to filenames and encodings, or it's a Textadept error with single-instance functionality.

I'm not the original author of Textadept's single-instance functionality on Windows, and it's possible that it assumes UTF-8 or some encoding that doesn't have NUL bytes in between characters. I don't know what encoding Windows uses when passing a Chinese filename.

I don't think I have the ability to solve this. Sorry :(