Re: [code] Drawing horizontal lines between text lines?

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2019 16:30:31 -0400 (EDT)

Hi David,

On Sat, 23 Mar 2019, David Tamar wrote:

> I'm customizing Textadept to resemble a physical notebook, with the horizontal light blue lines between text lines, and vertical red lines in each side of a page.
>
> The indent indicator from the left is already implemented, but I'm not sure about how to draw a straight vertical line on the right side as well so it'll separate the text from the line numbers and everything else.

You could try creating a 1-pixel wide 4th margin with a red fore or background color (I forget which you can do). By default Textadept defines 3 margins: line number, folding, and bookmarks.

> For reference, I've seen someone who made this in another editor and then I was inspired to do the same:
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MarcusE1W/eastend-notebook-syntax/master/screen2-sy.png
>
> I've managed so far to apply a text indicator of a thin underline all over the buffer using the “buffer:indicator_fill_range” function. However, this indicator appears only beneath actual characters and not empty space. Is there any other way to draw lines?

Unfortunately, I don't think Scintilla (Textadept's editing component) allows drawing indicator lines beyond newlines.