Re: [code] [textadept] Hotkeys in other locale

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 09:25:11 +0100

Just my .2 cents: I have redefined any binding that uses Alt-Shift in my
Linux deployments. I'm using a Spanish keyboard (fit for Spanish, German,
English, Italian and French AFAI could check) and use a phonetic Cyrillic
keyboard for Russian. Having more than one keyboard layout activates
Alt-Shift as the layout toggle shortcut.

Best, /PA

On Sat, 23 Mar 2019 at 22:18, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 23 Mar 2019, Mitchell wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sun, 24 Mar 2019, Al Zatv wrote:
> >
> >> Hello!
> >>
> >> I'am using textadept 10.3 (Ubuntu 16.04) and problem still persist in
> >> Gtk-version. Textadept-curses is fine.
> >>
> >> I tried solution by A.M. Genaev (genaev.att.nioch.nsc.ru via foicica.com ,
> mail
> >> from Thu, Sep 19, 2013, 5:45 PM), but it can't handle the hot-keys with
> >> Shift (for example Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S).
> >>
> >> How it can be fixed?
> >
> > On Linux, I suggest you uncomment the "print(key_seq)" line in
> core/keys.lua,
> > around line 212, then run Textadept from a terminal, type
> Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S,
> > and see what Textadept reports. If you think it's incorrect, let me know
> what
> > layout you are using, what is printed, and what you expect. I am
> ignorant of
> > most other locales, unfortunately, so I cannot be of more help without
> more
> > information.
>
> I might add that if you don't mind compiling Textadept, you can try and
> revert this change: https://foicica.com/hg/textadept/rev/139b7de0600d.
> That might help. If reverting that change fixes your problem, let me know.

Fragen sind da um gestellet zu werden
Georg Kreisler