Re: [code] [textadept] Hotkeys in other locale

From: Al Zatv <al.zatv.att.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 23:11:32 -0500

... sorry for sending unfinished letter. ...

Expected behavior: if I press Ctrl or Alt, it must print the same in
Russian layout as in English layout.
For example: Ctrl+ч -- "cx". Shift+Ctrl+Alt+Ы -- "caS"

Also, I compile textadept from source and revert this commit:
https://foicica.com/hg/textadept/rev/139b7de0600d
(btw, consider adding info how to build from source to README, it was not
obvious for me).

It is little bit better, but not great yet. Ctrl+C/Ctrl+X/Ctrl+V show
cc/cx/cv in Russian layout -- it's great!
Ctrl+Alt+Ы (key "ы"="s") show "cas" as expected. Great.

But, if Ctrl or Alt is pressed, Shift key is lost. So, Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Ы
(key "ы"="s") gives "caS" in English layout but "cas" in Russian. I
achieve same effect with piece of lua code posted in this thread earlier
(without changes in C code).

ps I think that at least cc;cv;cx;cs must work "from the box": it is
important to acquire new users.