Re: [code][textadept] file filtering

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2019 11:50:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Peter,

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019, Peter Rolf wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> I am using "lfs.dir_foreach()" to scan a directory tree for "*.json"
> files. This works fast and reliable, but the lack of an include
> parameter for file filtering forces me to exclude all other existing
> file types by listing them in the filter.
>
> [snip]

I'm not sure what's going wrong. When I open the Lua command entry and enter:

   lfs.dir_foreach(_HOME, print, {'.lua', '/core'})

Textadept prints out .lua files in /core, but not those in /modules or /themes, nor does it print out the other files like .png, .conf, .luadoc in /core.

To me this appears to be functioning properly.

Granted, I am using a post 10.3 nightly build, but I don't think any filter code has changed since 10.3 itself.

Do you have a simple file tree that you can submit, along with your filter, that demonstrates the issue so that I can debug? Thanks.