Re: [code] [textadept] Seg fault on NixOS

From: Julien L. <julienl81.att.hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 17:03:06 +0000

Hello Jonathan,

I am running Textadept on GNU Guix, which is a similar distribution to
NixOS. I may help you.

> bash: ./textadept: No such file or directory
I think that the problem is that the binary statically makes reference
to /lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 or something similar. This is the dynamic
loader which takes care of loading the binary. You should be able to
verify this assumption by running:
$ ldd textadept

If this is the problem, then it means that you have to execute Textadept
by running:
$ <path to glibc>/lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 textadept

I had tried it on GNU Guix. Unfortunately it failed finding Lua files to
initialize itself, and there is no (documented) way to specify Textadept
where to find these Lua files.

If you have an issue with Textadept using the official package from Nix,
then I tend to think that you should contact the maintainer of the package.

Best regards,

--
Julien L.
Diaspora*: julien1001.att.diasp.eu