Re: [code][textadept] Newer releases for Mac crash after call to reset()

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 23:05:23 -0400 (EDT)

Hi James,

On Wed, 23 Jan 2019, triplejam wrote:

> Textadept 10.0 alpha 3 is the newest version I can get to run on Mac without problems. The beta release and onwards crash for me after calling to reset(). Might have something to do with the libraries for Mac being updated? Here is a backtrace with a build I cross compiled
>
> [snip]

Sorry for the long delay, but I finally managed to get my hands on a macOS test box. The only way I can trigger a crash is by calling `reset()` more than once in rapid succession. I cannot cause a crash the first time after starting Textadept. If I wait a second or two inbetween calls to `reset()`, I do not get a crash. I suspect this has to do with some asynchronous macOS behind-the-scenes stuff when initially setting a menubar.

Are my findings consistent with yours? Or are you always getting a crash? If so, can you also try the latest nightly build and see if your problem persists?