[code] Best way to handle beautifiers in Textadept?

From: Ryan McQuen <ryanpcmcquen.att.member.fsf.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 15:33:37 +0200 (CEST)

I have some programs that beautify languages, for example, on JavaScript I use Prettier. These run on the file, my current workflow is to put these under compile_commands, so an example would be:textadept.run.compile_commands.javascript = 'prettier --write "%f"'
The friction with this workflow, is that it opens the message buffer (something I would like to avoid), and it also requires me to leave the file, and return to it to prompt the ‘Reload it?’ dialog. I’d like the file to just refresh after that command is run. I’m sure there is a better way to handle it, but I’ve been poking around the manual and haven’t arrived at anything. Sorry if this has been asked before …Ryan

----
From: ryanpcmcquen.att.member.fsf.org
To: code.att.foicica.com
Apr 30, 2019, 6:31:51 AM