Re: [code] [textadept] Win32 GUI NIGHTLY C: Reading SYS File

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 10:53:40 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Preston,

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019, Preston wrote:

> When opening a file, the contents of C:\pagefile.sys tries to be read and causes an error. As a result, all of the contents of C: aren’t rendered. This isn’t an issue with the curses version as all the contents of C: are correctly displayed.
>
> Error when opening the file selection dialog in C:
>

> Comparison of the contents of C: between TextAdept GUI and dir:
>

> TextAdept CURSES rendering:
>

> I’m new to using TextAdept and Lua programming in general so I wasn’t able to figure out what is causing the error. Also, sorry if this bug is already reported. I looked at some of the recent mailing list archives and couldn’t find anything relating to the issue.

Hmm, that looks like a GTK error (the widget toolkit Textadept uses). I haven't seen it before, and neither my Windows VM nor my Windows box has a *pagefile.sys* to trigger the problem.

I do not know what a workaround would be other than to somehow disable the pagefile. Sorry I cannot be of more help.