Re: [code] [textadept] Win32 GUI NIGHTLY C: Reading SYS File

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 12:07:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Dennis,

On Tue, 30 Apr 2019, dmccunney wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 10:54 AM Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 29 Apr 2019, Preston wrote:
>>
>>> When opening a file, the contents of C:\pagefile.sys tries to be read and causes an error. As a result, all of the contents of C: aren’t rendered. This isn’t an issue with the curses version as all the contents of C: are correctly displayed.
>>>
>>> Error when opening the file selection dialog in C:
>>>
>>> Comparison of the contents of C: between TextAdept GUI and dir:
>>>
>>> TextAdept CURSES rendering:
>>>
>>> I’m new to using TextAdept and Lua programming in general so I wasn’t able to figure out what is causing the error. Also, sorry if this bug is already reported. I looked at some of the recent mailing list archives and couldn’t find anything relating to the issue.
>>
>> Hmm, that looks like a GTK error (the widget toolkit Textadept uses). I haven't seen it before, and neither my Windows VM nor my Windows box has a *pagefile.sys* to trigger the problem.
>
> How do you *not* have a pagefile.sys? Pagefile.sys is the equivalent
> of Linux swap. You *can* disable it, but it exists by default.

Following your guidance on seeing how one might disable the pagefile, I discovered that a pagefile is setup for my Windows box. However, I do not see it in Textadept's file browser, nor do I see it in Windows explorer (despite having the "hidden files visible" option turned on). Therefore, I erroneously assumed I did not have it. It's there somewhere, but I don't know where...