Re: [code] lexer.lua:1853: C stack overflow

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 20:48:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Lars,

On Tue, 28 May 2019, cryo shock wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> I experimented around a little and the problem seems to be in my own lexer
> file, which only works with my own skin. This is because in my lexer file I
> am still using the following syntax in three rules:
>
> lex:add_style('matter', *'$(style.matter)'*)

Try changing this to simply:

   lex:add_style('matter')

Behind the scenes, `lexer:add_style()` actually defines `style.matter` to be whatever string you give it. If you give it `$(style.matter)`, this triggers infinite recursion. The style you pass is only default value -- your theme can override it, just like any other lexer style.