[code] [textadept] Reorder tabs

From: Qwerky <mr.qwerky.att.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 13:30:52 -0600

On 2019-06-27 12:13, Mitchell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 27 Jun 2019, Qwerky wrote:
>
>> Hello world!  I've been working with textadept recently, and have
>> created a
>> lexer for TakeCommand from JP Software.  Along the way, I've had a few
>> questions that my searching didn't resolve.
>>
>> As I wasn't able to find any other forum for textadept, I've just
>> subscribed
>> to this list. Is this list the proper forum for support, bug reports,
>> feature
>> requests, etc.?
>
> Yes, this is the place to be.

Hello Mitchel,

Thanks so much for all your work on textadept.  It is, in my opinion,
much easier to configure than SciTe.  But of course, every user wishes
for some additional things, so let me start with an easy one.

Given a textadept window with several files open, there will be a
corresponding number of tabs across the top of the window.  Is it
possible to reorder those tabs?

Going back to the days before GUIs, I have always been an avid
keyboarder user, though I have mellowed somewhat as the years have gone
by.  Every multi-file editor I have used, has allowed reordering the
tabs, but almost always by use of the mouse, rather than the keyboard.
For this feature, I would be happy to use either.  Have I missed a way
to do this?

qwerky