Re: [code] [textadept] Reorder tabs

From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. <LPr.att.pontex.cz>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2019 10:43:32 +0200

Hello,

due to missing & often spoken absence of possibility to rearrange tabs in tab bar I created a simple module which "somehow" provides such base functionality.

Limitations:

- It doesn't preserve state of view, i.e. current line, cursor position etc.
- It doesn't preserve bookmarks.
- It simply closes concerned buffers and reopens them [1] in a new order - this is how tabs are reordered.
- Due to [1], concerned buffers are to be unmodified (just checked, no action if they all are not saved so far).
- Just tested on my comp - here I'm having one buffer shown in just one view.
- Report bugs on git or using my mail bellow.

You can download the module here:

        https://github.com/CertHaramas/TextAdept.TabBarMan

Just put the module so TA loads it on startup; there are no deps.

The module lifetime depends on when/if TA will provide the functionality by its core.

Best regards,

Lukas

--
Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr.att.pontex.cz
Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex@pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz | IDDS: nrpt3sn | IČO: 40763439