Re: [code] [textadept] Customize status bar

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2019 20:32:14 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

On Sat, 6 Jul 2019, Qwerky wrote:

> Hi.  SciTe allows to customize the status bar (what fields, what order,
> etc.).  Does textadept allow the same?
>
> In particular, in addition to customizing the fields and their order, I wish
> to have the various information fields (line, column, etc.) displayed on the
> left end of the status bar, and messages displayed on the right side of the
> status bar.  Info fields on the left is the common standard that I have found
> in all other editors I have used.

`ui.statusbar_text`[1] and `ui.bufstatusbar_text`[2] are what you are interested in. They are the left and right statusbar, respectively. Search Textadept's source to see where they are used. Hooking up your own events should override Textadept's default ones, but if all else fails, edit Textadept's source.

[1]: https://foicica.com/textadept/api.html#ui.statusbar_text
[1]: https://foicica.com/textadept/api.html#ui.bufstatusbar_text