Re: [code] [textadept] Customize status bar

From: Qwerky <mr.qwerky.att.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 12:30:36 -0600

On 2019-07-08 09:26, Mitchell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 7 Jul 2019, Qwerky wrote:
>
>> Update.  I found that editing the original ui.lua in place did cause the
>> changes to appear. Then I restored the original ui.lua, and found out
>> how to
>> copy just that event handler function to a new file in my
>> /userdata/modules/
>> directory, edit it there, and then require that module in init.lua.
>> So my
>> ui.bufstatusbar_text is as desired for now.
>>
>> But I have not yet learned how to place ui.bufstatusbar on the left, and
>> ui.statusbar on the right.  I have look in the /src/ files, the
>> /core/ files,
>> and the /modules/ files, but could not find where those positions are
>> established.  Need some guidance here.
>
> In your events, just swap which statusbars you are writing to. For
> example, write buffer information to `ui.statusbar_text`.
>
> I am glad to hear you are tinkering around with things and figuring
> out how stuff works. It's the best way to learn :)

:-)  Tinkering is an apt description, as I haven't done any real coding
in a long time.  :-)

So writing buffer information to ui.statusbar_text is no problem.  But
to have messages written to ui.bufstatusbar_text is somewhat of a
dilemma, as those messages are written at many various places throughout
the modules?

qwerky