Re: [code] [textadept] Customize status bar

From: Qwerky <mr.qwerky.att.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 14:26:38 -0600

Hello,

On 2019-07-08 14:11, Mitchell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 8 Jul 2019, Qwerky wrote:
>

>> On 2019-07-08 09:26, Mitchell wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> In your events, just swap which statusbars you are writing to. For
>>> example,
>>> write buffer information to `ui.statusbar_text`.
>>>
>>> I am glad to hear you are tinkering around with things and figuring
>>> out how
>>> stuff works. It's the best way to learn :)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Mitchell
>>
>> :-)  Tinkering is an apt description, as I haven't done any real
>> coding in a
>> long time.  :-)
>>
>> So writing buffer information to ui.statusbar_text is no problem.
>> But to
>> have messages written to ui.bufstatusbar_text is somewhat of a
>> dilemma, as
>> those messages are written at many various places throughout the
>> modules?
>
> Yeah, perhaps a general search-and-replace in Textadept's source would
> be appropriate for you. A quick search showed instances in 5 files.
> That's not too bad, but there will be some maintainence involved for
> you if/when you upgrade to newer versions.

Okay.  When you say "Textadept's source" are you referring to the .lua
modules, or the .c files in /src/, or both?

One other thing:  when my events handler writes the buffer information
to ui.statusbar_text (left side of status bar), the original buffer
information still appears on the right side of the status bar.  I
understood from the documentation, that if my handler returns a value,
then no others handlers (for that event) would be processed.  I've tried
returning both 'true' and 'false', but the original buffer information
still appears on the right side.  Is something else needed?

Thanks,

qwerky