Re: [code] [textadept] Reorder tabs

From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. <LPr.att.pontex.cz>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 16:34:58 +0200

Hello,

On Thu, 04 Jul 2019 21:22:29 +0200, Qwerky <mr.qwerky.att.gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Lukas,
>
> Thanks for your efforts. Where should the module be placed?

AFAIK the module is to be placed into "modules" directory in TA
installation dir.
Cons is that you have to "refresh" the module with each TA installation.

Alternatively, you can put the TabBarMan.lua module in your home
directory/modules, i.e. "... Document and Settings ..." dir under Windows.

See

        https://foicica.com/textadept/manual.html#Modules

especially "Installing Modules";
this allows you to have modules placed independently on TA installation.

(Note also that "~/ denotes the user’s home directory. On Windows machines
this is the value of the “USERHOME” (or similar?)")

Third option is to launch TA with -u option which redirect "~" to the
directory specified after "-u" option.

> Once
> placed, how is it used?

Just click with the RMB on the tab bar - 4 options will appear in the
bottom of the popup menu which allow to reorder tabs.
See the print-screen attached.

> Does textadept need to be restarted?

No, once TabBarMan has been loaded (which occurs automatically by TA
startup) no other restart is needed.

Of course, if you play with TabBarMan to alter or improve its
functionality, you have to restart TA or at least TA Lua (press Ctrl+E and
type "restart" to achieve that) after you modify the TabBarMan.lua.

Best regards,

Lukas

--
Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr.att.pontex.cz
Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex@pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz |